Having a job is what pays the bills but that’s not the only meaning it can bring to life.
Quite often having a job defines who you are as a person.
Who would know Alun Wyn Jones or Cristiano Ronaldo if they were not doing their job?
Playing gives them identity.
As Alun Wyn Jones said: “People often ask whether you’d alter anything about your life. I can honestly say I wouldn’t change a thing.
When I retire, my CV might have a few holes, things I haven’t achieved that I would have felt I needed to do, but I won’t know if I did need to do them until I retire. I never counted on playing rugby: I was just another fat kid chasing an egg. It has gone pretty well.”
Note: On 31 October 2020, Jones became the most capped international player of all time. Well done Alun!
But what about work-benefits?
Do they matter?
Well, adding benefits can increase loyalty, focus and productivity, attendance, and recruiting.
According to one survey, 60% of employees said having a benefits package is very important to their employer loyalty.
”There’s no doubt that companies have increased their focus on benefits and perks (and with 57% of job seekers counting them among their top considerations before taking a new job).” – Glassdoor
Some of the core benefits that make the biggest impact on employee satisfaction are:
- Paid parental leave
- On-site gym
- Healthcare coverage and free housing
- Pet health insurance
- Shopping vouchers/ discount
- Sick days
- Retirement plan
- Pension plan
- Paid holidays
- Dental insurance
Note: Check out the full results HERE, drawn from employees’ Glassdoor Benefits Reviews.
Certainly, if there are benefits involved for your family, you should consider sharing the details. Therefore, having all your work-benefits information in one place makes sense.
Here are different types of employment along with details related to that job to help you organise it all into a neat file:
Employment Status (If You Are Currently Employed):
- Name of Company
- Full-Time | Part-Time
- Job Title
- Job Duties
- Location of Work-Related Documents-work contract
- Human Resource Department Information
- Health Insurance Details
- Pension Plan Information
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Sick Days
- Childcare Assistance
- High Street Vouchers
- Retirement Plan
- Holiday Allowance
- Parental Leave Details
If You Are A Small Business Owner:
- Name of Business
- Contact Info
- Important Clients, Partners, and Customers
- Employment Identification Number
- Digital Accounts & Services
- Location of Important Documents
- Gym Memberships or Wellness Programs
- Start-Up Loans
- Tax Digital Service
- Government Funding
If You Are Currently Self -Employed Or Receiving Benefits:
- Important Clients Information
- Business-Related Vendors & Accounts ( Website logins, bank accounts)
- Location of Work-Related Documents (Invoices, Statements)
- Your Duties
- Online Account Info (username/password)
- Child Tax Credit, Income Support, Housing Benefit Details
- Working Tax Credit Info
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
If You Are Retired:
- Previous Place of Employment
- Years Employed at this Company
- Previous Employer Contact Info
- Location of Relevant Documents
- Retirement Plan
- State Pension
- Pension Credit
- Health, Travel, Council Tax & TV Benefits Details
Consistent filing/updating should improve the success of being able to retrieve documents when you need to. This will make it easier for you and your loved ones to quickly identified and find any necessary work perks information
Ensure all your documents are stored in one & safe place.
Start organising your folder today!
Subscribe to Tidy Tomorrow now and get access to exclusive content!